Monday, October 25, 2010

A Joy Ride



Average life expectancy for a healthy individual is 75 years.
Discounting for modern day pressures and lifestyle, we all can expect to live upto 68-70 years.
That equates to about 35,000,000 seconds.
We'd all like to believe we are in control of each of these 35 million seconds.
Some of us set goals and targets to achieve the most out of these 35 million seconds.
Some of us look for true love and friends as company for most of these 35 million seconds.
Some of us take tremendous joy out of every small achievement in these 35 million seconds.
Some of us sulk for each failure in these 35 million seconds.
All of us, in these 35 million seconds, try to ride the waves of peace and turmoil the best we can.
End aim is to stay on top of the wave and see the light of peace, during each of these 35 million seconds.
At the end of it all, some are happy, some are sad, some find peace, some see God when they breath their last breath.

Irrespective of the end, whichever way you look at it, if we make a sincere effort to consciously LIVE through each of these 35 million seconds, its a life well lived.

Because, it takes only one of these 35 million seconds to trash all of the rest, before and after, in to the realm of irrelevance.

Whoever said, "You live only once", is absolutely wrong. You live each and every moment cause you can die each and every moment. If you are not dead you are alive. Might as well enjoy that moment.

I survived a horrible car crash on 19th Oct' 10, 1.10 a.m.


I was driving my mom, sister and her two very young kids home from the airport.

Every second after that I have felt the following:
- Sad (for I could have been the reason for death of my family)
- Petrified (of the life ahead, had something happened to the younger kid, a 3 month old)
- Disgusted (at the way I have lead my life till now)
- Protected (Coz something happened which should not happen)
- Happy (Coz things turned out fine)
- Hopeful (For a wondeful life ahead)

And I reflect. I always had the same feelings all along.

Before the crash and even now, after the crash. Only reasons are different.

I was living back then, so I am living now, and I'll be living till my clock stops.

1 comment:

Rachit Tiwari said...

Sounds like a knock on the head bringing about some clarity!
dont worry about what happened dude.... think of what all has to be done - including our plan for coming sunday!